Since 1997 there have been significant improvements made by member companies in the area of environmental protection. In 2019, HIEA's collective environmental performance continued this positive trend.
Major financial contributions to the economic well being and environmental protection of the City of Hamilton and its residents has been on-going. Collectively, HIEA member companies have invested over 1.1 billion on environmental capital improvements since 1997.
In 2019 HIEA member companies provided almost 7,300 direct manufacturing jobs as well as an estimated 56,000 indirect jobs. HIEA members have also paid approximately $718 million in municipal taxes since 1997 and occupy approximately 720 hectares of land.
HIEA has also invested over $1 million and many volunteer hours to community programs and educational initiatives in the Hamilton community since 1997.
In 2019 HIEA supported many local organizations and programs including:
- The Royal Botanical Gardens - Green Angels Program
- Bay Area Restoration Council - Yellow Fish Road Program
- McQuesten Urban Farm project
- The City of Hamilton Neighbourhood Development - Sustainable Neighbourhood Action Plan (SNAP) Program
- Hamilton Conservation Foundation Outdoor Environmental Education Program
- Hamilton Naturalist Club Trees from Seeds initiative